How to take part of Ansp
To take part of Ansp, the interested institution must meet the following pre-requisites:
- be located into São Paulo state limits;
- be a university, university center, school or research and development Center, public or private;
- to present a scientific or technological research program;
- to present in its programs one or more professors or researchers with proved doctored title.
The registration can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org. The institution must make a presentation according to requisites above, an estimate of the number of network points that would have access to Ansp, also a telephone number and/or e-mail address. An evaluation will be made by a committee that will judge the application and give their verdict. It can take from 15 to 30 days.
Connection technical aspects
Once approved the registration of the institution in Ansp, it should connect itself to Ansp through a point-to-point link in Ethernet IEEE 802.1 at a rate of 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps (Fast), 1 GigaE or 10 GigaE. The communication protocol iswith private ASN (Autonomous System Number) or not. To this end, the institution must provide a router with this routing protocol available and licensed. Following are enumerated procedures with more details.
Steps to be followed for the connection:
1. The institution must hire a telecom company to establish a point-to-point connection between itself and NAP do Brasil, where Ansp Core is located. NAP do Brasil address is: Ceci, 1900 Ceci Ave., 1st floor, suite A, 06460-120 - Barueri - SP – Brasil.
2. Negotiations with the telecom company are an institution responsibility. This connection can be 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 GigE or 10 GigE. It is not advisable to use rates below 10 Mbps, like 256 Kbps, 512 Kbps or 2 Mbps, communs in Frame Relay services.
3. The institution must acquire a switch or appropriate router for the hired connection, withprotocol available. Some telecom companies include renting of a router in connection acquisition. Think about this possibility when you make a hiring.
4. IP address to be used in institution internal network can be obtained in Ansp. Consult us. It is possible to release a block /24 for the institution.
5. Once telecom company and connection velocity are set, it is important to tell Ansp about this connection establishment. For this, send an e-mail to email@example.com with information required. You also can call to (11)3087-1500 and talk to network engineering. In this case, ANSP will open a service order in NAP do Brasil to start the connection installation process.
6. According to figures 1 and 2, the router wih BGP-4 both can stay in the institution as it can be installed on NAP do Brasil. In the latter case, the equipment be hosted at the telecom company area; If this has already been established, or it can be hosted at an Ansp cage, if there is room for it. Consult us before hand.
7. There are institutions that want to put one or more servers on NAP, together with routers, for strategic reasons, as you can see on figure 3. In this case, they can hire an installation service in NAP do Brasil, through negotiations with Terremark do Brasil (NOCBrasil@terremark.com). Until August 2009, was possible to obtain a space in Ansp racks, but this has been exhausted and there aren’t prospects of new racks for a while.
8. The institution will receive a private ASN (Autonomous System Number) to take part of PTTA. It will be configurated in router and NAP do Brasil peering systems. Tech Support can be provided by NAP do Brasil team through (11)4134-0154, (11)7669-1624 and (11)9230-3795. Through the physical environment offered by PTTA, there will aslso be access to Internet Commodity and Internet 2 available.
9. As regard the opening of technical calls, one or more contact names, with its respectives phone numbers and emails, can be given for both NAP Brasil and Ansp Network. To offer a good service, is important that such contact information is always updated.